Week of June 30, 2014
Mondays can often be downers. It’s the beginning of yet another work week. That’s 5 whole days before you’re free, be it to craft and create or to attend the next event. But instead of letting the weight of a new week stifle my creativity or energy I’ve collected some links to use as inspiration. I’m sharing them here to give you a little Motivation for fighting Mundane Mondays.
1. A Damsel in this Dress posted the step by step process of how she created her Katherine of Aragon inspired Tudor gown.
2. Jennifer from Festive Attyre shared a Regency Turban Cap Tutorial. This seems so much easier and I am sure will have more attractive results, then trying to wrap something around my head.
3. While she was poking fun at the hecticness that is the month or so leading up to Costume College, I got a good laugh at Time Traveling in Costume's post. Tornadoes would be a good excuse.
4. I love clever ideas that don't require high tech items. Katherine from The Fashionable Past has one such solution for transferring patterns. Who knew a Pyrex dish and a cellphone flashlight would work!!!
5. Fashion through History provides a step by step guide to how she made an 1850s shaped crinoline.
6. A Damsel in this Dress also has a 3 part series on looking the part. Undergarments, Make up and Hair, and Accessories.
I'll leave you with a few teaser pictures of what I have been up to this week.
And the picture I have been studying to help make the dress that will go with those shoes.