For this jacket I knew I wanted it to be longer in the back but still show off a lot of the corset. Going through my patterns, I settled with Simplicity 2525. It was really easy to mock up and add a few inches here and there. I knew I didn't want it to be plain, but knew I couldn't make it to girly because this was going to be were the military part came in. I found the black velvet trim in my stash and it was seriously like a light bulb came on. The collar may be shorter in the back and have the notched collar but with the black trim it reminded me of the male dress uniform in the navy. Instant LOVE. An added bonus is it also look like the school uniforms so it helps tie in the Lolita a bit. It took me a few hours to perfectly line up the trim but I think its well worth it!
The sleeves are... just evil. They bunch weirdly, and I don't know why so I can't fix it. But they do work and they aren't horrible.
And a picture of the back. I am all lopsided, sorry.