Monday, April 28, 2014

Motivation for fighting Mundane Mondays

Week of April 28th, 2014

Mondays can often be downers. It’s the beginning of yet another work week. That’s 5 whole days before you’re free, be it to craft and create or to attend the next event. But instead of letting the weight of a new week stifle my creativity or energy I've collected some links to use as inspiration. I’m sharing them here to give you a little Motivation for fighting Mundane Mondays.

1. A Cosplay I want to undertake for my husband and myself is The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess versions of Link and Zelda. I am still a little intimitdated by the armor aspect of Zelda's outfit though. Up until now I have just collected tutorials and ideas for when I do the costumes myself. We were able to acquire a Master Shield at Wonder Con, so these have been bumped higher on the to do list. I found The Legend of Zelda cosplay tumbler feed this week and even though it may still be a year out I am getting excited to take on the challenge of these costumes.

2.  Star Wars fashion magazine, What?!?!?!?! That would be so cool to have.

3. I was saddened to hear Your Wardrobe Unlock'd and their sister site Foundations Revealed were at risk of closing down. I hadn't subscribed before this, but have used their free articles. It was always something I meant to do but it kept slipping my mind and I just assumed they would always be around. I would hate to loose this great resource!

4. LBCC Historical: Cosmetics and Apothecary has another new product I am excited to try, coming out soon. I want to know who put it in the Mother Nature's rule book that when you turn 30 the wrinkles just pop up.

5. I have never been very fond of the fashions between 1830 and 1840s. At least not in fashion plates. When I see them on a body its a completely different story. The gal over at Fresh Frippery posted about a group The Hopeless Romantics, at the Gaskell Ball. They all dressed in 1830s and I found myself ohhh and ahhhing over several of them, despite my earlier claims of disliking this time period's fashion.

6. Katherine posted a tid-bit of info about hemstitching and how it was used in the 1920's for the hems on some dresses. I am intrigued and would like to do a bit more research myself. If I find anything interesting I promise to share.

7. More Game of Thrones Costume Goodies. All about the Purple Wedding Looks.

8. I thought this cosplay mash up of Jack Frost and Elsa was rather cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment