Thursday, June 28, 2012

Japanese Regency Costume


               


This Costume was made for three purposes. The main one was to wear to Costume Con 2008's Victorian Time traveler's Undies night. The other two were to use the Okinawan traditional fabric I had in stash and to coordinate with a friend of mine while wearing it.
Unfortunately there are not many pictures of its construction because the majority of the project was done quite quickly a few days before the event. Much thanks goes to my friend though. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to finish the project in time to wear it at all. As it was hers did not get done. :(
I do have a few pictures of the corset construction that I will include below. Except for hemming the bottom of the pants, and a couple parts on the seams of the kimonos, this project is done. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment