Monday, August 11, 2014

Motivation for fighting a Mundane Monday

Week of August 11, 2014

Mondays can often be downers. It’s the beginning of yet another work week. That’s 5 whole days before you’re free, be it to craft and create or to attend the next event. But instead of letting the weight of a new week stifle my creativity or energy I’ve collected some links to use as inspiration. I’m sharing them here to give you a little Motivation for fighting Mundane Mondays.

I'm sorry its been awhile since the last Mundane Monday. School was a little more intense then I anticipated and any energy I had to spare was put into sewing for Costume College. But I'm back with recharged batteries and bursting with ideas!

1. Costume College wrap up posts are pouring in. So many fabulous costumes!!! Wrap up posts from Lauren from American Duchess, Loren from a Costumer's Closet here, here and here, and Katherine of The Fashionable Past, make sure you follow all the links for her different costumes! Sarah at Gilded Garb, Gina from Beauty from Ashes here, here, and here, and Fresh Frippery also did write ups. You can find mine here. I know there are more out there and I love reading them so if you have a Costume College wrap up I haven't already shared, please leave a link in the comments!

2. Samatha shared her Riding Habit pictures on her blog The Couture Courtesan. Its such a perfect fit and pretty color!

3. Klaire de Lys shared her tutorial on how she did the make up for a blind seer. So many cool tips.

4. I've been waiting for close up pictures of this costume since she first introduced it. Jen Thompson shared more pictures of her Painted Empire gown this week. Can you believe she HAND painted the borders on this dress?!?!

5. On my sewing to-do list is Anna's green ball gown from the movie Frozen. 

I'm not sure if I will ever be happy with it if I don't embroider it. If I am able to compromise this Spoonflower fabric might be perfect.

6. Truly put a padded hem tutorial on her blog Truly Hat Blog. I'm always looking for an alternative to the standard fold over twice hem.

7. I enjoyed seeing Samantha's 1820s costume up close and in person at Costume College. It is indeed a quirky era but I loved everything about it, from her fabric choice, the cap, and her shoes.

8. Comic Con hosted their first Geek Couture Fashion show. Her Univerise Fashion Show, there are several sites that mention the fashion show but I feel this is one of the better ones. If you want to see more do a goggle search of Her Univerise Fashion Show.

9. Angela just finished her beetle wing embroidery gown. She has lots of detail in progress shots on her Facebook Walking Through History community page.

10. Another tutorial for the bodice on Elsa's dress in Frozen.

11. Kendra's 18th century hair book is out! It is even better then I ever imagined it would be. LOTS of photos and tips. 

Have a creative week!

No comments:

Post a Comment